Weight loss is also possible by workout, Let me tell you more on this.
I will be guiding you through 7 best workouts/exercises to lose weight.
1) WEIGHT LOSS BY WALKING – Walking is one of the easy and convenient weight loss exercises. It is scientifically proven that a 70 kg person can burn 167 calories per 30 minutes of brisk walking. Walking is easy to adjust in your daily routine and could help you shed off those extra pounds from your body. As a beginner you can start off with walking 30-40 minutes daily and then gradually increase its frequency as you start to lose weight.
2) WEIGHT LOSS BY JOGGING OR RUNNING – Jogging and running are more intense than walking but can be an excellent fat burning workout. As scientifically stated a 70 person can burn 298 calories per 30 minute of jogging and 372 calories per 30 minute of running per session.
Another major benefit of this fat burning workout is that it targets your harmful belly fat and melts it considerably. You can start with 30 minutes of jogging 3-4 times per week. You can also workout on treadmills if you find jogging or running outdoors hard on your joints.
3) WEIGHT LOSS BY CYCLING – Cycling is fun and it can also be your weight loss exercise and improve your fitness levels. Cycling is an outdoor exercise yet gyms and fitness centers have pre-installed stationary bikes to practice cycling weight loss exercise.
Cycling is a great activity which not only helps in weight loss but can help in overall health development of our body. Cycling regularly helps in increased insulin sensitivity, lower risk of heart disease and cancer in comparison to those who don’t cycle.
According to studies a 70 kg person burns on average 260-290 calories per 30 minutes of cycling at a moderate pace. Cycling is a perfect workout for weight loss from beginners to athletes which does not involve any strength training or intense exercise sessions.
So, cycling is a great way to lose weight which can be performed indoors as well as outdoors with numerous health benefits.
4) WEIGHT TRAINING – Weight training is another popular option to lose weight along with muscle gain, weight training basically is a workout plan to increase our resting metabolic rate (RMR) which in turn increases the fat burning capacity of our body. Weight training is a core exercise which helps build strength and promote muscle growth.
Also, body burns calories even after hours of strength training workouts as compared with aerobic exercise. According to studies 24 weeks of weight training caused the metabolic rate to increase by 9% in men and 5% in women.
In short weight training can be your workout for muscle gain as well as burn calories during and after the workout.
5) SWIMMING – Swimming, is it a workout?, yes it is, it’s our favorite fun activity and on the same time we can also get in shape. We can burn approx. 233 calories per half hour of swimming. Swimming is one of the most fun filled workouts for weight loss.
But how many calories you burn depends on your swimming style, for example a 70 kg person burns 298 calories doing backstroke, 372 calories doing breaststroke, 409 doing butterfly and 372 calories treading water by doing 30 minutes of workout session.
Swimming can significantly reduce body fat, improve flexibility and reduce clogging of arteries. Swimming is not like those high intensity interval training exercises which put pressure on our joints, rather it is a great alternative for people who want to lose weight but suffer from injuries or joint pain.
6) WEIGHT LOSS YOGA – Yoga which is very popular exercise to relieve stress. Yoga is not that exercise which you can consider as a substitute for weight loss exercise but it can contribute to overall health of an individual which could lead to weight loss. A 70 kg person can burn 140 calories per 30 minutes of doing yoga.
Yoga can help to reduce waist circumference and help to achieve mindfulness as well. Yoga can help to resist eating unhealthy food, sweet cravings and help you identify your body’s hunger signals.
Yoga can be learnt from gyms as well as it can be learnt by online tutorials.
7) PILATES – Pilates can be a good weight loss exercise if you are a beginner. Pilates can be used to reduce lower back pain, improve endurance, flexibility, balance and overall fitness level.
You can incorporate pilates in your workout week plan alongwith other weight loss exercises. Since pilates can be done at home they can be the best weight loss home workout. As mentioned pilates can improve your overall fitness levels in your weight loss journey….
Pilates can fasten your weight loss process if it is combined with healthy diet and your weight training or cardio programs.